To speak with our experienced clerking team further about which barrister will best suit your case, please contact our clerking team.
The extradition barristers at 5SAH have a strong national and international reputation in the areas of extradition and international law. They are at the cutting edge of this fast-paced and ever-evolving practice area.
The team of extradition barristers at 5SAH are experts in both defending and prosecuting extradition cases. Our barristers have a strong reputation, nationally and internationally for advising and representing in extradition proceedings. We work with teams of UK solicitors and foreign extradition lawyers as well as academic and political experts to provide the best service to our clients.
‘one of the leading sets in international crime and extradition‘
The Legal 500 2022.
The team are ranked in Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500. They also have one silk and seven juniors who are individually ranked in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
"the extradition barristers at 5 St Andrew's Hill are hugely experienced and have a massive knowledge base."
'well known for extradition work', with 'a strong cadre' of 'talented and experienced extradition lawyers'.
Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 2021.
Our extradition barristers deal with European cases under the Trade and Cooperation Agreement as well as those relating to all other international jurisdictions. We represent at Westminster Magistrates’ Court and in appeals to the Divisional and Administrative Courts, Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
"5 St Andrews Hill is well respected for its strength in extradition cases. Known for bringing 'a powerful armoury to international cases of the highest profile.''
Legal 500 2020
"All the barristers know the law better than the judges. I feel the cases are in safe hands when their barristers are instructed as counsel."
Chambers and Partners 2020
Click here to make an enquiry and speak with our extradition clerking team.
5SAH's extradition barristers are often instructed in the following matters:
- Advice and representation on Arrest Warrants within Europe under the new post-Brexit Trade and Cooperation Agreement regime.
- Advice and representation on requests from Category 2 territories and those with whom the UK has ad hoc extradition arrangements.
- Appeals against extradition and the Secretary of State for the Home Department.
- Preparation of applications to the High Court for habeas corpus and judicial review proceedings.
- Advice and representation of defendants and foreign governments in proceedings before the Supreme Court and European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) including Rule 34 and Rule 39 applications.
- Advice prior to extradition requests being made.
- Removal of INTERPOL Red Notices.
- Advice on Mutual Legal Assistance matters.
'A set offering significant expertise in serious extradition cases with strength at both the junior and silk levels. It regularly handles a wide range of extradition matters relating to prison conditions, political corruption and fraud proceedings.'
Chambers and Partners 2020
- Russian Corporate raiding cases
- Ukrainian prosecutions for political purposes
- Kazakhstan political extradition
- Moldovan people trafficking and prison conditions
- Turkish extraditions prison conditions, terrorism and politics
- Turkish – representing alleged member of the PKK
- Azerbaijan, fraud, political corruption and embezzlement
- Rwandan Genocide
- USA hacking
- USA drug importation
- Kenyan extradition
- Nigerian extradition
- Albanian murder and political corruption
- Indian extradition cases of fraud and drug trafficking
- Arminian Extradition
- UAE cheque fraud, torture and corruption
- Swiss extradition for fraud and violence
- Canadian extradition
- South African extradition on theft of gold mining equipment
- Croatia war crimes
- Australian extradition for drug trafficking
- Saudi Arabia
Make an enquiry
+44 (0) 207 332 5400