Established for over 70 years.
5SAH barristers have a national and international reputation for excellence.
- Crime: Both defence & prosecution in serious and complex criminal litigation.
- Private Prosecutions: Market leaders & experts at bringing and defending private prosecution cases.
- Business Crime: a demonstrable track record in representing the interests of individual and corporate clients in pre and post-charge financial and regulatory offences.
- Extradition: ranked as one of the leading sets, we work with teams of UK solicitors, foreign extradition lawyers and government authorities.
- Interpol: extensive experience of removing INTERPOL red notices, advising on best tactics when faced with an INTERPOL red notice or diffusion notice and dealing with subsequent asylum and extradition proceedings.
- Family, Children & International Family: All areas of family law with a strong emphasis on practical advice, effective court advocacy and a focus at all times, on the outcome for the client.
- POCA & Asset Recovery: a market-leading team. We are instructed by the leading government authorities and private clients in overlapping criminal/civil litigation as well as multi-jurisdictional asset tracing.
- Professional Discipline & Regulatory: instructed by leading defence firms and regulators with specialisms in the health, legal and transport sectors.
- Public Law & Immigration: we are involved in major public inquiries and have significant experience in Judicial Review. In immigration we conduct high profile cases for the Home Office and High Net worth individuals.
- Inquests & Inquiries: We have considerable experience and expertise across the team acting in high profile and sensitive public inquiries and inquests.
- Civil Litigation: Our civil litigation team of barristers have specialist knowledge in all areas of chancery litigation & modern commercial chancery & company law. They advise and appear for clients both in the UK and overseas in a variety of business, trade and finance related disputes.
- Insurance: Settlement Counsel: Unlike most specialist insurance lawyers, we only ever act for policyholders. We are dedicated to solving complex problems simply and efficiently, ensuring the most commercially successful outcomes for our clients.
We can help you at every stage of your case.
You can instruct 5SAH barristers directly (via public access) or through a solicitor. We can help you at every stage of your case. We offer each client a bespoke and tailored service.
Our barristers are recognised and ranked within the leading directories, Chambers and Partners, the Legal 500 and Who's Who Legal, and our specialist practice teams are acknowledged as leaders In their fields from KC's and leading juniors.
Our strategy is based upon expertise, advocacy, service, cohesion and ambition. Supported by an outstanding clerking, marketing and fees team.
We offer each client a bespoke and tailored service.
We are a friendly and approachable set, committed to diversity at all levels and promoting equality, supporting the work of key organisations in this area, including Bridging the Bar and 10000 Black Interns Scheme.
The well-being of members and staff are a priority in these times of changing working environment and pressure, access to professional support and policies are in place, particularly for those with parental and caring responsibilities.