Joe accepts instructions in all of chambers’ areas of practice. Joe prosecutes and defends regularly in the Magistrates' and Youth Courts and is developing a Crown Court practice.
Joe is Youth Court qualified. He has been instructed in serious Youth Court cases, both prosecuting and defending and has been commended for his thorough and pro-active preparation of his cases.
Under the supervision of Ini Udom, James Fletcher and Sarah Wood, Joe has observed all areas of chambers' practice, including, extradition, complex criminal trials, POCA matters and a range of civil proceedings.
Articles and Legal Updates
- Conscientious care needed to assist Circuit Judges when applying for search warrants (R (Ashbolt & Arundell) v HMRC & Anor) – with Alexa Le Moine. July 2020.
- Parole Hearings - consideration of unproven allegations (Morris v Parole Board) – with Georgia Beatty. April 2020.
- Disclosure in the Magistrates Court (for Lexis PSL) – With David McNeil. September 2020.
Before pupillage, Joe successfully acted pro-bono for excluded children in the exclusion appeals process at all levels. Joe would appeal a school’s decision to exclude a child acting as their advocate. He would represent the child and parents at hearings before school governors and appeals to the local authority. These were contested hearings where the schools may be represented.
- University of Law: Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent).
- University of Liverpool: LLB in Law (First Class Honours).
- Exhibition Award, Inner Temple.
Represented England at 2018 Telder’s International Moot Court in The Hague.
Joe regularly defends and has a diverse experience which includes robbery, drug supply, offensive weapons, and dishonesty offences. Joe has experience in dealing with young defendants and appears in the Youth Court, often dealing with incredibly vulnerable clients.
Joe has successfully defended in cases with multiple defendants, young witnesses and racially aggravated allegations.
Joe often appears in both the Youth Courts and Magistrates' Courts prosecuting for the CPS and other prosecuting authorities. Joe has been instructed in ‘victimless’ prosecutions as well those which involve young witnesses and vulnerable defendants.
Joe accepts instructions in extradition matters and has a keen interest in cases involving international jurisdiction and related matters.
Joe accepts instructions in relation to Public Inquiries & Inquests and he also accepts instructions in relation to Immigration matters.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- The Inner Temple.