Alexa is a first six pupil. Alexa is in her first 4 months of Pupillage where she is observing Extradition and International law under the supervision of Ben Keith. Alexa has watched a number of extradition matters including Part 2 cases involving Turkey, USA and India in addition to an inquest hearing at the Coroner’s Court.
Alexa has shadowed a number of other members of chambers in the prosecution and defence of a wide range of criminal matters and family proceedings, immigration, inquests and public law.
Prior to pupillage, Alexa acted as a County Court Advocate on the South Eastern Circuit representing clients in a range of civil matters. These included hearings for mortgage possession, return of goods, infant approval and bankruptcy as well as applications for summary judgment and to suspend a warrant of eviction.
- LLM Legal Practice, BPP Law School.
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of York.
Awards and Scholarships
- Harmsworth Scholarship, Middle Temple.
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple.
- Advocacy Award, BPP Law School.
Whilst studying for her undergraduate degree, Alexa took part in the University of York’s Top Advocate Competition. Following her participation as the lead respondent in a moot, she won the title of Top Advocate as judged by Lord Hughes at the Supreme Court.
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple.
- Women in Criminal Law.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum.