Articles and Legal Updates
- Conscientious care needed to assist Circuit Judges when applying for search warrants (R (Ashbolt & Arundell) v HMRC & Anor).
- Dishonesty? Ghosh, Ivey got a surprise for you! (R v Barton): Published by Lexis Nexis PSL.
Professional Panel Appointments
- CPS Advocate Panel Member: Grade 1.
- Government Legal Department, Junior - Junior scheme.
Prior to pupillage, Alexa acted as a County Court Advocate on the South Eastern Circuit representing clients in a range of civil matters. These included hearings for mortgage possession, return of goods, infant approval and bankruptcy as well as applications for summary judgment and to suspend a warrant of eviction.
- LLM Legal Practice, BPP Law School.
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of York.
Awards and Scholarships
- Harmsworth Scholarship, Middle Temple.
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple.
- Advocacy Award, BPP Law School.
Whilst studying for her undergraduate degree, Alexa took part in the University of York’s Top Advocate Competition. Following her participation as the lead respondent in a moot, she won the title of Top Advocate as judged by Lord Hughes at the Supreme Court.
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple.
- Women in Criminal Law.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
Alexa defends clients in the Magistrates’, Youth and Crown Courts. She has been instructed in cases involving: offences of violence, possession and supply of drugs, offensive weapons and dishonesty.
Alexa has prosecuted a variety of criminal offences in the Magistrates’ and Youth Courts.
Alexa has a keen interest in extradition law and accepts instructions in extradition and related matters.
Alexa accepts instructions in relation to Public Inquiries and Inquests.