We are delighted to announce that the Legal 500 UK Bar Guide, 2023 represents our continued growth into our core practice areas. We are extremely proud this year, of the representation of our junior members recognised within our core practice areas.
We now have 2 teams and 36 of our barristers ranked within the guide, represented in extradition, POCA, Crime, Fraud Crime, Business & Regulatory Crime, Professional Discipline & Regulatory, and Family (Children & Matrimonial finance). Congratulations all!
We would like to celebrate our newly ranked members on their success this year:
5SAH - Newly Ranked Barristers
International & Extradition
'Georgia is an excellent lawyer, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to cut through even the most complex of cases. In court her aptitude for cross-examining expert witnesses is second to none.’
- John Crawford (Door Tenant) - Tier 1 - Rising Star
POCA & Asset Forfeiture
- Gemma Rose - Rising Star
‘Gemma is a barrister who attends court thoroughly prepared, and knowing all the details of the case. She is calm, reassuring, and thoughtful to the client’s needs.‘
- Francesca Levett - Tier 4
'Francesca is an impressive defence advocate. She is hardworking, utterly dedicated to her work and her clients, intelligent and counsel of choice for sensitive cases.'
‘Dan is eloquent and has excellent rapport with clients. His manner immediately puts everyone at ease. He is hardworking, dedicated and tenacious.’
- Mark Cotter KC - Tier 3 (already ranked in Crime)
Mark has a forensic attention to detail and an in-depth knowledge in particular in relation to matters concerning disclosure and Public Interest Immunity applications.’
5SAH - Ranked Teams
- Many congratulations to our Extradition and Proceeds of Crime Teams, who continue to be recognised as market leaders in their respected fields.
5SAH - Ranked Barristers
- David Josse KC - Continues to be ranked as a Tier 1 silk
- Ben Keith - Continues to be ranked as a Tier 1 junior
- Rebecca Hill, Louisa Collins, Natasha Draycott - Continue their ranking in Tier 2
- Gemma Lindfield and David Williams - Continue in Tier 3
- Danielle Barden - Congratulations on her promotion from Rising Star into Tier 3
Very efficient and helpful chambers, housing experts in extradition law.’
‘An extremely strong set, especially in extradition.’
‘An increasingly formidable POCA set. Highly professional and organised Chambers.‘
- Sarah Wood - Congratulations on Sarah's promotion to Tier 1
- Barnaby Hone - Congratulations on Barnaby's promotion to Tier 2
- John McNamara - Promoted Tier 2
- Andrew Bird KC - New Silks 2021
- James Fletcher - Continues his Tier 1 ranking
- Gary Pons - Maintains his Tier 2 ranking
- Edmund Burge KC - Leading Silk - in Fraud Crime - continues his Tier 2 ranking
- Kevin Dent KC - Leading Silk in Fraud Crime - continues his Tier 3 ranking
- Andrew Bird KC - Continues his ranking in Fraud Crime - 2021 Silks
- Ini Udom - Continues her ranking as a leading junior in Fraud Crime - Tier 3
- David Stern - Continues to be recognised for expertise as a leading junior in the field of Business and Regulatory Crime (Including Global Investigations) - Tier 3.
- Wendy Hewitt - Continues her ranking as a leading junior
- Alecsandra Manning-Rees - Continues her ranking as a Rising Star - Tier 1.
- Maria Scotland - Continues to be recognised in - family law (including divorce & financial remedy)
- Jaqueline Julyan S.C. - Continues to be recognised in family law - Children Law (including Public & Private)
- Mark Cotter KC - Continues his Tier 2 Silk ranking
- Jose Olivares-Chandler - Continues his Tier 2 ranking
- Dominic Connolly continues to be recognised within the guide in Crime
- John Warrington - Continue to be recognised within the directory as Tier 3 counsel
- John McNamara - Continues his ranking in Crime - Tier 3
'The clerks are very friendly, accommodating and easy to deal with. They are willing to go out of their way to help you.’
A huge thank you to all our clients for your continued support. Many Congratulations to all of our teams, members and staff who have contributed to 5SAH in their continued successes and recognition with The Legal 500. Your continued hard work makes 5SAH Chambers what it is today.