Heidi is a first-six pupil who is currently supervised by Maria Scotland. Maria practices exclusively in family law with expertise in high-end/big-money financial remedy applications and (private law) children work.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Heidi worked as a senior fee earner at the UK’s first fertility law firm; NGA Law. In this role, Heidi was supervised by the UK’s leading surrogacy lawyer; Natalie Gamble, and gained considerable experience working with modern families in all areas of family law. She specialised in UK and international surrogacy but also worked on child arrangement matters, declaration of parentage cases, known donor/co-parenting cases and relocation disputes.
In 2022, following the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Heidi worked with the UK Government and individual families, on a pro-bono basis, giving emergency legal support to British families to rescue their babies born via surrogacy in Ukraine.
Heidi has also worked in a leading Legal 500 London legal aid firm, where she managed a caseload predominately made up of care proceedings, private children matters, and matrimonial finances. She also has experience of advocating for clients in meetings with social services and used to run monthly drop-in legal advice sessions at a domestic violence support centre.
Outside of work, Heidi loves to swim and play netball and enjoys London’s food markets, gigs, and theatre.
- BPP University – Barrister Training Course.
- Leiden University - LL.M. Masters of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights.
- University of Sussex - LL.B. Law with Spanish.
- Frank Quickfall scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: Leiden University.
- Mason Hayes Scholarship: Mason Hayes Charitable Trust.
- Family Law Bar Association