Congratulations to our members and teams, recognised within the 2023 Chambers & Partners UK Bar Guide. We continue our success with 28 members ranked over 7 teams, and 3 teams (POCA, Extradition and Crime) are also individually recognised.
This follows on from our Legal 500 rankings success, alongside James Fletcher and Natasha Draycott's nominations as leading juniors at the Legal 500 2022 Awards.
We would like to start by celebrating the achievements of our newly ranked members:
Georgia Beatty - Extradition - Up and Coming
“An excellent advocate who can be instructed in serious and complex matters well above her call.”
“She is highly knowledgeable in extradition law and has excellent judgement.”
“She is excellent in the regulatory field.”
“She is always extremely well prepared, responds to emails promptly and provides excellent attendance notes. She is approachable and a very good advocate.”
"An enormously knowledgeable barrister with excellent advocacy skills and broad experience in extradition, human rights and immigration.”
“He is very experienced in this area, particularly in relation to clients from the Russian Federation and former Soviet states.”
5SAH - Ranked Teams
- Many congratulations to our Extradition, Proceeds of Crime and Crime teams, who continue to be recognised as market-leading experts.
5SAH - Ranked Barristers
“The clerks are always helpful and will respond very quickly to enquiries.”
- Gary Pons -Congratulations on moving up to the top banding of - Band 1.
- Sarah Wood - Congratulations on moving up to Band 2,
- Barnaby Hone - Congratulations to Barnaby who moves up to Band 2.
- Andrew Bird KC – moves from New Silks to Band 2 – Silks.
- James Fletcher - Continues his Band 1 ranking
"a team of specialist practitioners who have totally got this area of the law taped."
Financial Crime - Private Prosecutions:
“The Chambers Director, Dave Scothern, understands the market incredibly well.”
“Both counsel and clerks at this chambers are very responsive, efficient and always willing to assist to the best of their ability.”
- David Josse KC - Continues his ranking as a leading Silk
- Ben Keith - Continues to be ranked as a Band 1 junior
- Natasha Draycott, Rebecca Hill & Louisa Collins - Continue their ranking in Band 2
- Gemma Lindfield and David Williams - Continue in Band 3
- Danielle Barden – Continues her Up and Coming
- Georgia Beatty - Up and Coming
- Edmund Burge KC – Continues ranking as a leading Silk
- Ini Udom – Continues to be recognised in Financial Crime
- Andrew Bird KC – Moving from New Silk to
- David Stern - Continues to be recognised for his financial crime work
- David McNeill – Continues to be recognised for his financial crime work
“The clerking team is excellent.”
“5 St Andrew's Hill is a well-regarded set equipped to handle all criminal cases including those relating to homicide, drugs and human trafficking.”
- Mark Cotter KC – Continues to be recognised as a leading Silk.
- Dominic Connolly - Continues his recognition in crime.
- Chris May - Continue to be recognised in crime.
- Jose Olivares-Chandler and John Warrington - Continue to be recognised for their expertise in their criminal work
A huge thank you to all our clients and many congratulations to all of our teams, members and staff. Your continued hard work makes 5SAH Chambers what it is today.