Rebecca joined 5SAH in April 2021 as a pupil. She is currently supervised by Sarah Wood. Rebecca has been on her feet since October 2021, undertaking a wide range of criminal work in the Magistrates,’ Youth and Crown Court.
During her first six. Rebecca was supervised by Dominic Connolly, who specialises in serious criminal cases and large-scale financial crime instructions. Rebecca gained considerable experience shadowing Dominic’s Crown Court work, with an emphasis on RASSO prosecutions, an area which she is especially interested in.
Before starting pupillage Rebecca worked at Sonn Macmillan Walker Solicitors working on criminal defence and regulatory cases as a paralegal to a senior partner. In particular, Rebecca has litigation experience defending clients facing prosecution by Local Authorities in respect of housing offences.
Prior to this, Rebecca undertook pro bono work with the Free Representation Unit, the National Centre for Domestic Violence and the Innocence Initiative at the Centre for Criminal Appeals (now Appeal).
Education and awards
- University of St Andrews – M.A. Hons English – First class.
- City, University of London - Graduate Diploma in Law – Distinction.
- City, University of London - LLM (Commendation) Professional Legal Skills, including BPTC.
- David Karmel Scholarship – Gray’s Inn.
- Prince of Wales Scholarship – Gray’s Inn.
- Dean’s List – University of St Andrews.
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).