Alexa prosecutes and defends regularly in the Magistrates' and Youth Courts and is developing a Crown Court practice. She has a growing practice in family law. She also accepts instructions in extradition proceedings.
Instructing solicitors have said:
“Her instincts and judgement on how she perceives cases is spot on. She is able to identify the strengths and weakest in any case and is able to put forward effective submissions accordingly.”
“Her persuasive ability is very powerful which enables her to pitch her advocacy to a high standard.”
“Her communication skills are first class and she has the ability to build a rapport with clients to gain their trust. I have found her to be extremely efficient with a good grasp of handling the law.”
Professional Panel Appointments
- CPS Advocate Panel Member: Grade 2.
- Government Legal Department, Junior - Junior scheme.
Direct Public Access
Articles and Legal Updates
- Conscientious care needed to assist Circuit Judges when applying for search warrants (R (Ashbolt & Arundell) v HMRC & Anor).
- Dishonesty? Ghosh, Ivey got a surprise for you! (R v Barton): Published by Lexis Nexis PSL.
- LLM Legal Practice, BPP Law School.
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of York.
Awards and Scholarships
- Harmsworth Scholarship, Middle Temple.
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple.
- Advocacy Award, BPP Law School.
Alexa has experience of defending a wide range of criminal offences in the Crown, Youth and Magistrates’ Court. These range from violent and sexual offences to those related to the supply and possession of drugs and dishonesty.
Alexa has experience in dealing with young defendants. She has completed specialist Youth Justice advocacy training with the Youth Justice Legal Centre.
“Alexa was an extremely kind individual who ably gave me instruction in preparation for the courtroom and had a very impressive command of the courtroom when she spoke. Her confidence and professionalism ensured that I was able to trust her in the courtroom setting.”
Feedback from a lay client where, following a successful submission of no case to answer, the case was dismissed.
Alexa has experience of prosecuting a wide range of criminal offences in the Crown, Youth and Magistrates’ Court. She is also instructed in private prosecutions, including Royal Mail Group.
Alexa has been instructed in a variety of family matters including occupation and non-molestation orders. She has experience acting for both applicants and respondents in child arrangement orders.
She has also appeared on behalf of the police, dealing with sensitive disclosure applications in family proceedings.
Alexa has a keen interest in extradition law and accepts instructions in extradition and related matters.
Alexa accepts instructions in relation to Public Inquiries & Inquests and she also accepts instructions in relation to Immigration matters.
Alexa accepts instructions in professional discipline and regulation.
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple.
- Women in Criminal Law.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- Defence Extradition Lawyers Forum.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association.