Jersey International Child Law Conference: Breaking the Cycle
Maria Scotland joins the expert speaker panel at the Jersey International Child Law Conference on 10 March 2023. They will be discussing Parental Alienation in Private Law Proceedings: Identifying and Responding to the Cycle.
The conference is taking place at Radisson Blu Hotel, St Helier. If you would like to join the conference, please email Lizzie at email@example.com or call 01534 733030.
Corbett Le Quesne is holding its second Child Law Conference in Jersey, with the following programme:
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am - Registration and coffee
- 10:00 am - 10:05 am - Opening remarks and welcome from Chair Elizabeth McGrath KC
- 10:05 am - 10:30 am - Keynote speech: Mr Justice Keehan
- 10:30 am - 11:15 am - The Cycle of Domestic Abuse: Shiva Ancliffe KC and Alison Easton
- 11:15 am - 11:45 am - Coffee
- 11:45 am - 12.30 pm - Parental Alienation in Private Law Proceedings: Identifying and Responding to the Cycle: Maria Scotland
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Dr Cartmell (psychologist)
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Lunch
- 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm - Breaking the Cycle: Solution Focused Approaches to Adopt in and out of Court: Andrew Norton KC and Nasstassia Hylton (1GC Family)
- 2:45 pm - 3.30 pm - Kirsty Day and Dame Janet Trotter (Nelson Trust)
- 3:30 pm - 4:00pm - Tea
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm - FDASc and the Pause Project in London: Simone McGrath (Osbornes)
- 4:30 am - 5:00 pm - Brighter Futures, Supporting Families in Jersey for 15 Years: Fiona Brennan (Brighter Futures)
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Communication: James Evans (Our Family Wizard)
- 5:30 pm - 6:30pm - Drinks reception
- 8:00 pm - 11.00pm - Dinner
Maria Scotland practices exclusively in family law with a specialism in high-end/big money financial remedy applications and (private law) children work. She accepts instructions to act through a solicitor or directly from members of the public on a Direct Access basis. Maria is the joint head of the Family Team at 5SAH Chambers and is regularly instructed on cases involving high assets and liabilities.