Rebecca prosecutes and defends in a wide range of criminal cases. She has a growing practice in proceeds of crime and related areas and also accepts instructions in extradition and family proceedings.
Here’s what some of those who have worked with Rebecca have said about her:
"Her communication skills are first-class – she is able to quickly put clients at ease and gain their trust."
"She is incredibly astute – she picks up on the fine details of cases immediately."
- Rebecca accepts direct access instructions in appropriate cases.
Professional Panel Appointments
- CPS External Advocates Panel (Grade 2).
- CPS Specialist Prosecutor – POCA (Grade 2).
- Government Legal Department ‘Junior Junior’ Scheme Member.
Rebecca has a busy crime practice and regularly appears in the Crown and Magistrates’ Courts. Rebecca has dealt with a wide range of matters, including drug offences, violence, sexual crimes and robbery.
Rebecca has experience in dealing with young and vulnerable defendants in the youth and adult courts. She welcomes instructions in cases with a quasi-criminal jurisdiction, for example applications for Sexual Risk Orders.
Rebecca has experience prosecuting a range of matters in the Crown Courts. She regularly deals with appeals against conviction or sentence and has a growing trial practice.
Rebecca also has a developing private prosecution practice, having been instructed on behalf of private prosecutors in trademark offence matters.
Rebecca is regularly instructed in confiscation proceedings for both the defence and prosecution. She has a detailed knowledge of restraint, confiscation and enforcement proceedings.
She represents defendants in high-value confiscation proceedings, both as a led junior and a junior alone.
Rebecca appears at enforcement proceedings at the Magistrates’ Court concerning the activation of default sentences for the non-payment of confiscation orders.
Rebecca has been instructed in a variety of family matters, including occupation orders and non-molestation orders. She has experience acting for both applicants and respondents in child arrangement order proceedings.
Rebecca also accepts instructions in financial proceedings following a divorce or separation.
Rebecca accepts instructions in extradition matters.
Having gained experience acting on behalf of the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) Rebecca has a growing practice in professional discipline and regulation.
Education and awards
- University of St Andrews – M.A. Hons English: First Class.
- City, University of London - Graduate Diploma in Law: Commendation.
- City, University of London - LLM (Professional Legal Skills, including BPTC): Distinction.
- Ann Felicity Goddard Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- David Karmel Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Prince of Wales Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Dean’s List: University of St Andrews.
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA).
- Defence Extradition Lawyer’s Forum (DELF).