Join us for the final of our two-part POCA Webinar Series. This complimentary webinar will take place on Wednesday 26 May 2021 at 5:30 PM (London).
5SAH POCA Webinar Series - Part 2 - Topics & Discussions:
- This webinar will provide insight into the practical and legal issues that are likely to arise in relation to mutual legal assistance and recognition of court orders in proceedings under Part 2 and Part 5 of PoCA.
- It will provide an overview of the effect that Brexit has had on mutual legal assistance and recognition.
- It will consider how Title XII of the Trade and Cooperation Agreement has been drafted and what the underlying intention was; including what role if any the Warsaw and Strasbourg Conventions and their Explanatory Notes will have.
- Finally, it will explore the practical issues that are likely to be experienced going forward.
- Andrew Bird QC is a specialist in white-collar crime, civil and criminal asset forfeiture, and civil and public law proceedings which overlap with the criminal process. For many years Andrew has been a specialist in criminal confiscation, including restraint, receivership and other enforcement. Most recently he has conducted the confiscation and enforcement proceedings (and resisting a third-party claimant appeal) for two FCA investigations involving multiple-victim fraud.
- Gary Pons is a talented and dedicated barrister. His approach to cases is distinguished by its careful preparation and measured execution. He is ranked in both Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 for his work in the field of POCA and Asset Forfeiture work (all circuits). His experience in complex financial crime and asset forfeiture has allowed Gary to develop his practice over the years. Gary has experience of foreign criminal proceedings having been involved with two high-profile cases in Costa Rica. He frequently advises on multi-jurisdictional asset recovery cases.
- Barnaby Hone is a barrister with specialist expertise in all types of asset recovery and financial crime. He is ranked in Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500 for his knowledge within POCA, asset recovery, and forfeiture. Barnaby writes the chapters on International Asset Recovery and Terrorism Finance for Millington and Sutherland Williams on POCA and recently completed a series of seminars and articles on changes to POCA under the Criminal Finance Act 2017.