Welcome to the first of our 5SAH Extradition and International Team's quarterly newsletters. We are pleased to present a variety of articles from our team of specialist extradition law barristers.
The team of extradition barristers at 5 St Andrew's Hill are experts in both defending and prosecuting extradition cases. 5 St Andrew's Hill has a strong reputation for extradition work and represents requested persons in proceedings both inside and outside the European Arrest Warrant (EAW) system including Westminster Magistrates’ Court, and appeals to the Divisional and Administrative Courts, Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
Seven of our extradition barristers are ranked as leaders in the field in Chambers and Partners Guide to the Legal Profession 2017.
5SAH are delighted to welcome John Oliver to 5SAH chambers. John Oliver brings his experience to the Extradition and Criminal Teams. John examines a recent Divisional Court decision for our feature article below.
The newsletter features the following articles:
- John Oliver examines the recent judgment of RT v The Circuit Court in Tarnobrzeg, Poland  EWHC 1978 (Admin);
- Gemma Lindfield speaks to Lexis Nexis: British Judges voice disapproval over Polish judicial reforms;
- David Williams provides an update on prison conditions in Europe;
- Ben Keith comments for the Independent: Poland seeks to extradite US man over Nazi massacre during Second World War;
- Mark Smith on English - Polish Law Day: Warsaw 2017;
- Ben Keith comments for Lexis Nexis PSL on Pre-charge bail limit comes into effect.