|Date:||Thursday 16th June 2022|
|Venue:||Colombia Plaza Venue Center, Limassol, Cyprus|
|Cost:||See information for further details|
Ben Keith will be a guest panelist at the Cyprus Bar Association's Legal Conference Common Law in Europe on 16th and 17th June 2022.
Invited as part of the delegation of the Bar Council, Ben Keith will speak on two panels discussing the implementation of the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement from a criminal justice perspective, and sanctions from a legal perspective, including access to justice.
Further conference topics include:
- ECHR interpretation – recent developments across the European common law jurisdictions
- Company law developments in participating European Common Law jurisdictions
- The role of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies in a Digital Economy: the legal angle
- Regulation of financial markets- how to square economic imperatives and guarantees of minimum rights with effective enforcement
- Interim remedies in aid of foreign proceedings
Further information, including event registration, can be found here.
Ben Keith is a leading barrister specialising in Extradition and International Crime, as well as dealing with Immigration, Serious Fraud, and Public law. He has extensive experience of appellate proceedings before the Administrative and Divisional Courts, Criminal and Civil Court of Appeal as well as applications and appeals to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and United Nations.
Ben Keith won the International Pro Bono Barrister of the Year in November 2021. He is ranked in Chambers and Partners as a band 1 leader in the field of Extradition at the London Bar and in the Legal 500 as a Tier 1 leading individual in international crime and extradition.