Matthew joined 5SAH as a pupil in October 2021. He is supervised by Dominic Connolly, who specialises in serious criminal cases and large-scale financial crime work.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Matthew worked as a senior paralegal for Hennessy and Hammudi Solicitors, where he gained considerable experience as a litigator in serious and high-profile cases, including the alleged murder of PC Andrew Harper, and the Reading Forbury Gardens attack. Matthew also litigated several reported judicial review cases in the High Court.
Prior to this, Matthew represented clients pro bono before the Parole Board and on behalf of the Free Representation Unit (FRU). In addition, he volunteered with the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) and mentored prisoners and young offenders in debating for the Gray’s Inn Vocalise program.
Education and Awards
- The University of Brighton: BA Humanities: First Class.
- University of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law: Distinction.
- BPP Law School: BPTC: Outstanding.
- Birkenhead Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Award for Academic Excellence – The University of Brighton