Harry specialises in prosecuting and defending heavyweight financial crime cases. Harry has an eye for detail and in particular in being able to analyse complex accounting material. Harry is able to make a jury, judge or tribunal understand complex financial and accounting cases with ease, and it is something he is renowned for at the Bar.
Harry is a criminal practitioner who has particular expertise in financial crime. Harry is often instructed in large and complex frauds, which invariably involve Harry’s skill in technical confiscation and asset recovery proceedings. Harry is a specialist in relation to financial and business crime.
Direct Public Access
- Harry accepts Direct Public Access instructions.
Professional Panel Appointments
- Appointed as a Grade 4 Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Advocate.
- Specialist Grade 4 Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Advocate: Fraud, POCA and Serious Crime.
- Appointed to the Attorney General’s list of Special Advocates.
- As a Special Advocate Harry is develop vetted and thus able to view the most sensitive material up to and including top-secret.
- Middle Temple.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- South Eastern Circuit.
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers’ Association.
Harry prosecutes either as leader or junior, primarily in all types of financial crime. For the prosecution he is regularly instructed by prosecution agencies such as the Revenue and Customs Division of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), the Department for BIS (previously the DTI), NCA and the CPS.
His prosecution cases almost always involve complex disclosure issues, frequently necessitating visits to outside agencies to review highly sensitive material.
Harry has appeared in a number of arms control cases investigated by the Strategic Exports and Sanctions Team, such as materials capable of being used in nuclear weapons programmes and sniper rifle sights being exported to Iran.
Harry has been instructed in a number of large-scale British Transport Police (BTP) cases. He was recently instructed to prosecute a 12-handed metals theft conspiracy in which 5 of the defendants were represented by Queen’s Counsel.