Harry specialises in prosecuting and defending heavyweight financial crime cases. Harry has an eye for detail and in particular in being able to analyse complex accounting material. Harry is able to make a jury, judge or tribunal understand complex financial and accounting cases with ease, and it is something he is renowned for at the Bar.
Harry is a criminal practitioner who has particular expertise in financial crime. Harry is often instructed in large and complex frauds, which invariably involve Harry’s skill in technical confiscation and asset recovery proceedings. Harry is a specialist in relation to financial and business crime.
Direct Public Access
- Harry accepts Direct Public Access instructions.
Professional Panel Appointments
- Appointed as a Grade 4 Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Advocate.
- Specialist Grade 4 Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Advocate: Fraud, POCA and Serious Crime.
- Appointed to the Attorney General’s list of Special Advocates.
- As a Special Advocate Harry is develop vetted and thus able to view the most sensitive material up to and including top-secret.
- Middle Temple.
- Criminal Bar Association.
- South Eastern Circuit.
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers’ Association.
Many of Harry’s cases involve defendants who are directors or proprietors of businesses and who, therefore, keep business records and accounts. Analysing and explaining accounts (to juries and tribunals) is something that Harry is highly skilled at.
Harry was recently instructed by the Central Fraud Group in a £2m fraudulent trading matter, involving a fraud perpetrated against the Ministry of Defence (MoD). The Defendants ran a large and apparently respectable successful business for many years until the fraudulent trading was discovered. Accordingly there are a significant amount of financial and accounting documents that require analysis, advice on and presenting to a jury.