|Date:||Thursday 11th June 2020|
|Cost:||See External CLT website for details|
Maria Scotland has teamed up with Central Law Training, providing a three-hour training session on safeguarding assets and reputations when a marriage breaks down. The course details are below:
This intermediate-level course presented by Maria Scotland considers how to protect the assets and reputation of clients in the context of a marriage breakdown. It will also explore the common pitfalls to avoid before and during divorce proceedings.
The course is suitable for mid-senior level family lawyers but junior family lawyers who want to increase their knowledge of this complex area of law are also encouraged.
Topics that will be considered include:
- Disclosing assets and liabilities during divorce proceedings
- The concept of matrimonial property
- Protecting family wealth and inherited wealth
- The significance of pre-nuptial agreements
- Whether assets can be protected in divorce and if so, how the client can protect their assets
- Asset recovery cases
- Common pitfalls that your client may have made before instructing you and how to approach them
- How assets will be divided in the financial application ancillary to divorce and the factors likely to be considered by the judge
- Dealing with trusts
- Enforcing court orders
- Keeping settlements confidential.
Maria practices exclusively in family law with a specialism in high end/ big money financial remedy applications and (private law) children work. She accepts instructions to act through a solicitor or directly from members of the public on a Direct Access basis. Maria is the joint head of the Family Team at 5 St Andrew’s Hill.