|Date:||Friday 17th December 2021|
|Cost:||See MBL website for further details|
Business Crime - 2021 Virtual Conference - 10:00am - 4:15pm (UK)
This live virtual classroom conference chaired by Andy Evans, with a panel of experts, including Sarah Wood, joint head of the Business Crime Team at 5SAH Chambers. Each session will provide an opportunity for questions and answers. To view the agenda in full and book your place, click here.
- Sarah Wood, 5SAH Chambers - POCA Section 10A Applications
- Andy Evans, 18 St John Street Chambers - Reopening Historic Confiscation Orders
- Dr Stephen Hill, Hill Bingham Ltd - Crime, the Internet & Big Data - Will Your Business be Victorious or a Victim?
- Anita Clifford, Bright Line Law Services - UK/US Cooperation in Property Forfeiture & Money Laundering Investigations
- Nick Vamos, Peters & Peters LLP - International Evidence Gathering in Fraud Investigations
This session will include:
- POCA 2002 section 10A
- Consideration of the most recent caselaw governing section 10A applications
- Overlap between section 10A applications and other POCA applications
- Inter-relationship between section 10A applications and other proceedings (for example, family and TOLATA proceedings)
- Practical tips on how to approach a section 10A application, including a consideration of the relevant Criminal Procedure Rules
- When to make a section 10A application and when to go elsewhere
- Appealing a section 10A application
Sarah Wood is Joint Head of the Business Crime Team at 5SAH and is ranked in both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 for her confiscation and asset recovery work.
‘She is a superb lawyer and sees points of admissibility that others do not. The best of her generation in terms of effort and ability.'
THE LEGAL 500 2021