Rebecca prosecutes and defends in a wide range of criminal cases. She has a growing practice in private children and domestic abuse proceedings and welcomes instructions in family public law cases.
Before starting pupillage Rebecca worked at Sonn Macmillan Walker Solicitors working on criminal defence and regulatory cases as a paralegal to a senior partner. In particular, Rebecca has litigation experience defending clients facing prosecution by Local Authorities in respect of housing offences.
Prior to this, Rebecca undertook pro bono work with the Free Representation Unit, the National Centre for Domestic Violence and the Innocence Initiative at the Centre for Criminal Appeals (now Appeal).
Professional Panel Appointments
- CPS External Advocates Panel (Grade 1).
- Government Legal Department ‘Junior Junior’ Scheme Member.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Authorised Case Presenter.
Education and awards
- University of St Andrews – M.A. Hons English: First Class.
- City, University of London - Graduate Diploma in Law: Commendation.
- City, University of London - LLM (Professional Legal Skills, including BPTC): Distinction.
- Ann Felicity Goddard Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- David Karmel Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Prince of Wales Scholarship: Gray’s Inn.
- Dean’s List: University of St Andrews.
Rebecca has a busy crime practice and regularly appears in the Crown and Magistrates’ Courts. Rebecca has dealt with a wide range of matters, including drug offences, violence, sexual crimes and robbery.
Rebecca has experience in dealing with young and vulnerable defendants in the youth and adult courts. She welcomes instructions in cases with a quasi-criminal jurisdiction, for example applications for Sexual Risk Orders.
Rebecca has experience prosecuting a range of matters in the Crown Courts. She regularly deals with appeals against conviction or sentence and has a growing trial practice.
Rebecca also has a developing private prosecution practice, having been instructed on behalf of private prosecutors in trademark offence matters.
Rebecca has been instructed in a variety of family matters, including occupation orders and non-molestation orders. She has experience acting for both applicants and respondents in child arrangement order proceedings.
Rebecca accepts instructions in extradition matters.
Having gained experience acting on behalf of the Nursing & Midwifery Council Rebecca has a growing practice in professional discipline and regulation.
Rebecca accepts instructions in business crime and related confiscation matters.
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA).
- Defence Extradition Lawyer’s Forum (DELF).