Alexandra is a barrister specialising in criminal and family law.
Instructing solicitors have been impressed with Alexandra’s excellent client care, her meticulous preparation and advice. She represents clients with the utmost professionalism and proficiency and is often specifically requested by both professional and lay clients.
Instructing solicitors have said:
“She has shown an ability to pick up a very difficult matter, in tough circumstances, even when parachuted in late in the day, and imbibe herself in the case.”
“Both [the lay client] and I were very happy and very impressed with the quality of work that Alexandra provided from the onset. The client was very stressed out prior to her hearing but she found Alexandra to be very helpful and dealt with her concerns, which put the client at ease.”
“I have had positive feedback from clients she has represented who have all been happy with her service. She is extremely professional.”
Professional Appointments and Memberships
- Advocate Panel 2016-2020 Grade 1 list.
- Trained police station Appropriate Adult.
- Essex Young Resolution Committee.
- Middle Temple Hall Committee (elected).
- Equality, Diversity and Social Mobility Sub-Committee of Middle Temple Hall Committee.
- Education Sub-Committee of Middle Temple Hall Committee.
- Criminal Bar Association Social Mobility Committee.
- Mentor for Women in Criminal Law.
- LLM Legal Practice including BPTC, BPP Law School.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Oxford.
Awards and Scholarships
- Queen’s Scholarship, Middle Temple.
- Master’s Scholarship, University College, Oxford.
- RAI Award, Rothermere American Institute.
- Essex Young Resolution.
- Young Fraud Lawyers.
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA).
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple.
Alexandra specialises in children and finance law, particularly cases with an international element. Alexandra has a busy practice in family law, which includes private children, public children, domestic abuse and finance cases. She is always well-prepared and builds an excellent rapport with her clients.
“Alexandra was very well prepared for her hearings… The clients got on well with Alexandra and I received excellent feedback reports.”
Feedback from one of Alexandra's instructing solicitors.
She regularly acts for clients in injunctive proceedings under the Family Law Act 1996, in both interim and fact-finding hearings. She is also frequently instructed in care proceedings to represent parents and guardians in care proceedings. Alexandra frequently makes or opposes emergency applications in these cases and is well-equipped to deal with late instructions.
Alexandra also has experience acting for the police in requests for disclosure of family proceedings for ongoing criminal matters.