Alexandra is a barrister specialising in criminal and family law.
Instructing solicitors have been impressed with Alexandra’s excellent client care, her meticulous preparation and advice. She represents clients with the utmost professionalism and proficiency and is often specifically requested by both professional and lay clients.
Instructing solicitors have said:
“She has shown an ability to pick up a very difficult matter, in tough circumstances, even when parachuted in late in the day, and imbibe herself in the case.”
“Both [the lay client] and I were very happy and very impressed with the quality of work that Alexandra provided from the onset. The client was very stressed out prior to her hearing but she found Alexandra to be very helpful and dealt with her concerns, which put the client at ease.”
“I have had positive feedback from clients she has represented who have all been happy with her service. She is extremely professional.”
Professional Appointments and Memberships
- Advocate Panel 2016-2020 Grade 1 list.
- Trained police station Appropriate Adult.
- Essex Young Resolution Committee.
- Middle Temple Hall Committee (elected).
- Equality, Diversity and Social Mobility Sub-Committee of Middle Temple Hall Committee.
- Education Sub-Committee of Middle Temple Hall Committee.
- Criminal Bar Association Social Mobility Committee.
- Mentor for Women in Criminal Law.
- LLM Legal Practice including BPTC, BPP Law School.
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of Oxford.
Awards and Scholarships
- Queen’s Scholarship, Middle Temple.
- Master’s Scholarship, University College, Oxford.
- RAI Award, Rothermere American Institute.
- Essex Young Resolution.
- Young Fraud Lawyers.
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA).
- Women in Criminal Law (WICL).
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple.
Alexandra’s criminal practice is in the Magistrates’, Youth and Crown Courts. She has recently secured acquittals for clients charged with domestic assaults and public order offences.
Alexandra has represented a variety of clients in criminal cases charged with serious matters and specialises in young and vulnerable clients. She has undertaken additional training in this area including the YJLC Youth Justice course and the ICCA Vulnerable Witness training course.
“It was extremely helpful to the Court and other agencies in Court that Ms. Wilson was well prepared and informed of all matters involving this youth. She also had a very clear grasp of the important issues in a case involving child exploitation and modern slavery.”
Feedback from one of Alexandra's instructing solicitors.